The sixth international professional symposium of the Ljubljana City Library “Library, Heart of the City”, dedicated to green libraries, took place on May 20th 2021. At the time of importance of green trends and sustainable environmental policies the green libraries are acquiring an ever more important role in the world. They are committed to sustainable preservation of the environment and to raising awareness about the possible leading role of libraries in environmental education.
You are welcome to watch the presentations!
- Teja Zorko, managing director of the Ljubljana City Library
- Mateja Demšič, Head of the Department for Culture, City Municipality of Ljubljana
Green libraries and sustainable development (“green building”)
- Nataša Jazbinšek Seršen: Ljubljana, European Green Capital, 2016.
- Petra Hauke, PhD: Face the challenge: Green libraries and the United Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. An International Perspective.
- Matej Nikšič: City-forming roles of public buildings and spaces: the public library as a city public space.
IFLA, the Concept of Green Libraries in the Region
- Mikolasek Zsófia, József Attila: The green library services in the Tatabanya Eco-Library.
- Ksenija Tokić, Ana Rubić: Libraries as neglected resources of sustainable tourism.
- Ana Zdravje: Šentvid Library – the green library.
Green Libraries and the Green Movement in Practice
- Niko Cvjetković, Donatella Gasparini, Andreja Silić Švonja: Rijeka City Library’s Green corner.
- Edita Bačić, Ana Rubić: Working Group for Green Libraries of Croatian Library Association: joint efforts for sustainable development dialogue.
- Marijana Korotaj: Franc Ksaver Meško Ormož Library – the green library.
- Mojca Košmrlj: The education and raising awareness among children about sustainable development and environmental issues.
- Manca Kavčič Zupan: The Ledina Elementary School, the junction of ideas that show the way to a better tomorrow.
- Darja Silan: School with a view.
- Rosana Sluga Štih, Branka Sluga, Larisa Čibej: Creative corner – creativity in harmony with nature.