Receiving the borrowed materials on the basis of the electronic form is only possible by regular post.
By sending in the Electronic form for borrowing materials and receiving materials by post you explicitly consent to the processing of personal data that you have given to the library by consent while registering for membership or by registering changes to these data: name and surname, membership number, phone number, e-mail address, address of residence, number and place of post office; for underage members, who are registered by lawful representatives or guardians also the personal data of lawful representatives or guardians, all with the purpose of borrowing materials through the electronic form and receiving them by regular post.
Before submitting the order, the member should check the accuracy of data the library needs to deliver the ordered materials by post on the library website, in My library service, and correct them if necessary (especially the data needed to send materials by post, i.e. name and surname, address, postal number and post office location). In cases of incorrect or incomplete information the library will not be able to carry out the service, and it will be considered that the order has not been submitted. Prior to processing of the submitted order the library reserves the right to check by phone or by e-mail if the submitted order was indeed made by the member or the legal representative or guardian of a member as well as the accuracy of the information needed to deliver materials by mail, to which a member or a legal representative or guardian explicitly consents. By doing so the library protects the member from possible abuses.
Your personal data will not be accessible to the general public. As we value privacy protection, we will protect your personal data in accordance with the valid legislation and with a high degree of responsibility.
1. Information on the administrator and the authorised person for the protection of personal data
Official title of the administrator: Ljubljana City Library
Address of the administrator: Kersnikova ulica 2, 1000 Ljubljana
Responsible person: Teja Zorko, M. Sc., managing director
Authorised officer for protection of personal data: Sara Oranić, deputy Vesna Trobec
Contact of the authorised officer for protection of personal data: Ljubljana City Library, Kersnikova ulica 2, 1000 Ljubljana; phone: 01 308 50 00; e-mail: email@example.com
2. Purpose of processing, legal grounds of processing, and users of personal data
The library processes your personal data to be able to carry out circulation and to protect library materials in compliance with the Librarianship Act, and also on the basis of members’ consents. The same personal data are processed for the purpose of borrowing materials on the basis of the electronic form for borrowing materials and receiving them by post.
The library processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- name and surname, address, postal office, and location for the purpose of proper delivery;
- membership number for the purpose of recording the borrowed materials;
- phone number for the purpose of checking the correctness and accuracy of the order by the library and notification of members on the time of delivery by the package deliverer (Pošta Slovenije)
We do not carry out automated decision making on the basis of information processing.
Personal data will also be processed for the purpose of receiving the borrowed materials by post. The data are collected on the basis of your explicit, free, undoubtful consent. For the persons not yet 15 years old, the consent of the legal representative or guardian is needed, which means that for a person not yet 15 years old the borrowing order by mail may only be sent by his or her legal representative or guardian by which the latter consents to the processing of personal data (his or hers and of a minor, when necessary).
Personal data will be processed only by authorised employees of the administrator who perform lending on the basis of the electronic form, by employees who are authorised to handle statistics, and for other legal and legitimate purposes by the staff who need to meet these purposes.
In any case access to personal data will be given also to the authorised person for protection of personal data when carrying out the requested tasks.
Individual personal data will be transferred in cases of borrowing materials by post to Pošta Slovenije, i.e. personal data that are obligatory for the delivery of materials by post: name and surname, address, postal number and location, phone number and e-mail address. To protect your personal data we guarantee to sign appropriate contract on data processing with the external contractor and make sure that the external contractor respects the protection of personal data. Other users of personal data from these Rules are in accordance with the general regulation GDPR also external contractors of the library, like contractual processors who maintain and host library’s web page and those who have access to the network or the LCL’s website for proper functioning, maintenance of databases, or for the upgrading of the necessary ICT systems, as well as those who perform book recovery for the library.
3. Transmission of personal information to another state
Personal data and personal databases are kept on the territory of the Republic of Slovenia and are not transmitted to other states.
4. Period of keeping
Personal data will be kept for a period necessary to fulfil the purposes, except in cases when longer periods are needed or allowed according to the law. This means that personal data necessary for borrowing materials on the basis of the Electronic form for borrowing materials and receiving materials by post will be erased at the latest one year after fulfilling the purpose for which they were collected. In cases of several purposes personal data will be erased one year after the end of the last purpose that needs to be taken into account, according with the regulation of the library.
In case a member revokes his consent to personal data processing the personal data are processed until the revocation, unless there is another basis for further processing. In any case personal data are erased immediately after there is no more legal grounds for their keeping.
5. Rights of individuals
As an individual I am aware:
- That I may at any time revoke my consent (right to revoke), which does not influence the lawfulness of data processing that was happening on the basis of the consent prior to the revocation. The revocation of the consent does not influence the personal data processing that is in accordance with the Librarianship Act and other possible member’s consents.
- That I may at any time demand from the administrator to process my personal data in limited way when I dispute the incorrectness of data or when the data are no longer needed in accordance with the purpose of processing and I need the data for legal matters or when I issue an objection (right to an objection).
- That I may demand from the administrator to send me my personal data or to send them to another administrator (right to transfer of data).
- That I may issue a complaint to the Information Commissioner of Republic of Slovenia. The contact of the Commissioner is reachable on the Commissioner’s web site https://www.ip-rs.si/ (right to complaint); and
- That the administrator will not process my personal data for another purpose, except for the purpose for which they were collected, and that the administrator will in the opposite notify me prior to further processing and provide me with all the required information.
As and individual I am also aware:
- That I may issue an objection concerning the processing of my personal data on the basis of which the library will stop processing them (right to an objection), unless other necessary legitimate interests for processing prevail over my interests.
We also inform you that we will do everything within our power to help you implement your rights.
In case of a change in regulation concerning personal data protection the administrator is obliged to act in accordance with the regulation change.
These rules of protection and processing of personal data on the basis of the Electronic form for borrowing materials and receiving materials by post present legal grounds for processing a member’s personal data in the sense of a member’s additional consent, beside the legal grounds presented by the consent of the member or legal representative or guardian when registering to the library (or changing these data), as well as legal grounds for personal data processing presented by the provisions of the Librarianship Act. These rules apply from 17th May 2021.
Ljubljana, 17th May 2021
Teja Zorko, M. Sc., Managing director