Enhance public library services for visually impaired users through ICT tools and training
Exchange of good practices among collaborating organizations, improving the competencies of librarians in the field of ICT, setting up international network of libraries for cooperation at seeking response to the needs of the blind and the visually impaired users.
Employees of public libraries, the blind and the visually impaired users.
The Ljubljana City Library cooperates as partner in the Project TECH.LIBRARY within the Erasmus+, KA2: strategic partnerships in adult education programme. The project is intended to perfection of public libraries’ services for blind and visually impaired users, a goal we wish to achieve through the use of ICT tools and training of librarians. In the Project beside the LCL six other partners from five European states cooperate. These are:
- Unione della Romagna Faentina (Italy),
- Gradska knjižnica Rijeka (Croatia),
- Regionalna narodna biblioteka “Petko Rachev Slaveikov”, Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria),
- Valmiera Municipality (Latvia),
- Biblioteca Nationala a Romaniei (Romania),
- ARGO di Donda Andrea e C. snc (Italy).
Activities, foreseen in the project, are: exchange of examples of good practices, study visits among partners, the production of an on-line platform, of video learning materials and of a manual, the organisation of international project meetings and professional conferences.
- The Project’s online platform
- Videos of the Project
- The Manual for librarians for work with the blind and the visually impaired in all of the partner’s languages
- The Use of Electronic Magnifier
- The Use of e-Reader
At the international professional conference We can do it – Seeing forward that took place on November 17th 2022 in Ljubljana lecturers from various organizations have presented their excellent work with the blind and the visually impaired.
Presentations of contributions (in Slovene):
- Kind Books for the Eyes and Fingers
- Activities of The Blind and the Visually Impaired Library Minka Skaberne
- TECH.LIBRARY – For Better Work of Librarians with the Blind and the Visually Impaired
- Project EODOPEN and Opening of Access to Digitized Materials
- Good Practices of the Deafblind Association of Slovenia (DLAN)
- Visiting the Museum with a Touchpad
- Reading in Darkness
- Inclusion in Practice – the Case of the City Library “Ivan Goran Kovačić” Karlovac
- Development of Services for Persons with Sight Damage in the Library and Reading-Room “Fran Galović” Koprivnica (in Croatian)
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.